My long term goals as a rider include:
- Earn a USDF Bronze medal (requires six scores of 60% or above: two each at First, Second, and Third levels from two different judges at two different rides at each respective level). UPDATE: Accomplished! Rijkens earned our final score at third level to earn our USDF Bronze medal!
- Earn a USDF Silver medal (requires four scores of 60% or above; two at Fourth level from two different judges/shows and two at Prix St. Georges from two different judges/shows) Update: Accomplished! Rijkens earned our USDF silver medal!
- Earn a USDF Gold medal (requires four scores of 60% or above; two at I-1 and/or I-II from two different judges/shows and two at Grand Prix from two different judges/shows)
- Graduate from the USDF "L" Education Program with distinction to become a schooling show judge at Training through Second level
- Become a USEF "r" dressage judge; pre-requisites are graduating with distinction from the L program, and five scores of 65% or higher at fourth level from four different judges
- Ride a USDF Musical Freestyle, update: accomplished! Rijkens and I competed in 2016 at Fourth level USDF Musical Freestyle.
- Ride a USDF Pas de Deux
- Building on what I've learned with Delphi and others, ride/train successive young dressage horses from green through Grand Prix