Friday, February 6, 2009

Woot! Woot!

Delphi and I are the 2009 recipients of the generous Houston Dressage Society Bushager Memorial Grant! Over the next several months I will work with my trainer Karen Brown in an intensely focused dressage immersion program, funded by this grant. I am so excited about the possibilities this award is bringing for Delphi and me! Our application essay is here.

My biggest champion and the best EVER groom, test caller, and trailer pilot Chris standing next to me as I receive the Bushager Memorial Grant at the HDS awards banquet:
This night one year ago he was sleeping next to me in a pink vinyl chair at the hospital. We've come a long way!
(See a related article in the HDS newsletter "Collective Remarks" page 13.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Marlene

Unknown said...

Yeah!! You two truly deserve the grant. You both (you and Delphi) have worked so hard within the past year.

Crystal

Carrie said...

To think I was in a wheelchair only a few months ago and now everything is going so well-- it's like a miracle! Thank you guys for the support.