Monday, April 5, 2010

Uses for the iPhone

Last week I got an iPhone. A practical use I've discovered is as a personal dressage test caller. Using the voice memos application that came with the phone, I recorded the test movements while watching video of Delphi and me riding the respective tests. Tests I didn't have video footage of Delphi (the third level tests) I simply called them to video footage of the respective tests on YouTube. You can then save them as "2nd Level Test 1" and so forth for call back. I set mine up to press "play" while I'm sitting on Delphi at X, then my voice begins calling the test movements from there.
Another good application I recommend is the "Paw Card." One can manage everything from your pets vaccination schedule, identification and rabies numbers, medication lists, to emergency contacts and veterinarians. It even allows you to enter horse data under "other" pets category. The application is free.
One can get news feed from the equine industry from the free application "Hallway Feeds." It allows one to see general headlines about horses or narrow the feed to whichever discipline one is interested in, such as "Dressage" or "USDF."
If anyone has other animal related uses for the iPhone, please share them in the comments.

4 comments:

Marlene Caldwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene Caldwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene Caldwell said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Paw Card!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of using my iphone to call tests! You are a Genius!