Thursday, July 1, 2010

Product Review: Ariat Paddock Boots

Behold the new and old Ariat Heritage III Zip Paddock boots:
After a couple years of punishment:
Product claim: upgraded full-grain leather and a moisture-wicking and breathable lining will hold their own at the barn. Scuff, stain, and water resistant leather wipes clean with a damp cloth, and self-cleaning tread make the Ariat® Heritage III Zip Paddocks a breeze to keep clean.

Review: I'm now on my fifth pair of Ariat paddock boots, and this is my second pair of their zip up variety; this last one was purchased from SmartPak for $110.

Pros:
I spend several hours every day of all seasons in these boots. They are exceedingly comfortable and fit me as though custom made. For me there is no break-in time for the paddock boots (not so for Ariat's dress boots- but that's a different product) and each successive pair purchased goes right into service with no blisters or stiffness.

Cons: I can only get about two year's worth of use out of one pair of paddock boots; however to be fair they get daily extremes of temperature, moisture, dryness, mud, manure, uric acid, water, and sweat. Trust me, neither I nor the Texas weather baby these boots.

Bottom line: I like these boots, and am loyal to Ariat for comfort and predictability. They're not the least expensive nor are they the highest quality available, but they meet my needs and stand up- for a couple years at least- to weather, environmental, and employment extremes.
I recommend them.

No comments: