Monday, February 1, 2016

2016 Carol Lavell Grant

Rijkens and I are the recipients of a 2016 Carol Lavell Gifted grant for adult amateurs.

The Dressage Foundation press release is here:
http://www.dressagefoundation.org/newsroom/newsroom.html/article/2015/11/13/tdf-s-carol-lavell-gifted-memorial-fund-awards-9-000-to-adult-amateurs


An excerpt from our grant application:
My 2001 Holsteiner gelding Rijkens is a capable schoolmaster that I have owned and shown for three years.  When I purchased Rijkens, we started showing at the level I was capable of at the time, USEF second level.  Together we completed the requirements to earn the USDF bronze rider medal, and we have qualified at fourth level this year for our regional championships.  We have very good access to competent training at our home base, which includes an ongoing relationship with Lyndon Rife, a Grand Prix rider and trainer that has a decades long history of helping students reach their training and showing goals.  With Lyndon Rife’s help, in 2016 I plan to take on the challenging task of emerging as an FEI rider and earning my USDF silver and possibly gold rider medals.  


To that end, I plan to go beyond my regular training with Lyndon Rife in the clinics I currently participate in several times yearly when he travels to my home area of Houston.  The difference will be that with the Carol Lavell Gifted scholarship I will be able travel to Lyndon Rife’s farm in Dallas to spend a week in the beginning show season of 2016 in an immersion program at his farm, taking daily lessons and having him school Rijkens both in hand and under saddle.  

I'm looking forward to my week of intentional riding and training at LTR Dressage in Dallas with Lyndon Rife.  


No comments: