Monday, July 10, 2017

Fifth Year Anniversary

This weeks marks five years as team Rijkens.  Every day I am so grateful to Rijkens for all he has brought into my life.  When he came here to Houston from Michigan five years ago, I started showing him at second and third level.  In his second year of me owning him, he qualified for and competed at Prix St Georges USDF regional championships where he was the 12th place horse in region 9 with our trainer Andrea.  After earning our USDF bronze medal, we spent some time dwelling at fourth level, and last year we were the 2016 Houston Dressage Society amateur fourth level champion.  Rijkens allowed me to realize a life goal of being an FEI rider, and earlier this year we earned our USDF silver medal.  Currently I'm working on improving my ability to reach collection and engagement.  Hopefully by next year I will be in a position to show Intermediaire 1.  Rijkens is qualified this year for regional championships at I-1 with our trainer.  It has been five stellar years and everyday with Rijkens is a gift.


No comments: