Tuesday, July 3, 2012

We've Had a Great Run, Pumpkin

Is it possible to feel equally happy and sad in the same moment?  It must be because it is with equal parts delight and sorrow that I announce Delphinia has found a new home.  Congratulations to Tammy McGowen on the acquisition of her new dressage partner.  My heart is so grateful that Delphi is going to such a good home.  Delphi will be living at and under the tutelage of Lyndon Rife Dressage near Dallas, Texas.
I owe a debt of gratitude to Delphi for all that she's taught me; so much friendship; so many fun memories.  I know her new owner Tammy will love her, grow with her, and learn from her just as I have over these past seven years I have been fortunate enough to spend with Delphinia.

Some of my best and most memorable moments have been with Delphinia during these past seven years.  Here we are at our last show together in March 2012:
It's been a wonderful journey Delphinia!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and safe travels, Delphi. It was a privilege to know you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute, Carrie.
-Rexanne

Anonymous said...

Bittersweet! We will miss you, Delphi!! Enjoy your new home!
-Marlene

Anonymous said...

Aww. Carrie, I shed a few tears......good bye, sweet pumpkin. You will be missed. One of my favorite memories of The Pumpkin is that you could go in her stall while she was napping!!
-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes Carrie, it is possible. He got on the road last nite about midnight. I am so happy for you, but i have to admit that i did cry. Keep me posted!
-Cherie

Carrie said...

Cherie I thank you. For letting a good one go to a grateful home. For my blog readers-- Cherie above is my new pony Rijkens' "birth mom" and has owned him since he was an embryo, and still owns his dam. It is bittersweet!