Monday, September 2, 2013

Bronze Medal!

Rijkens completed our final score requirement at third level at this weekend's HDS labor day show.

Accolades also go to Delphinia, my Trakehner mare (who has a wonderful new mom in Dallas).  Delphi and I went to our first USEF recognized show in October 2010 where judge General Burton gave us our initial qualifying score at first level.  From there Delphi earned three of the six legs required in first and second level.  Delphi and I went to a total of five weekend shows together.

Rijkens took over in the spring of 2013 to finish the final three scores at second and third level, and did it within the three weekend shows we've been to as a team.  So after two and a half years of hard work and striving, I've earned my USDF bronze medal!

Importantly, my trainer Karen Brown has been with me in the trenches schooling my horses, teaching me to train and ride; being mentor, coach and guide.  Karen has been my trainer for eight years, and these last two years I've been at her side almost daily.  I owe a debt of gratitude to Karen, and always will.
Medal threesome: Rijkens, Delphi and me in July 2012
Here's the photo I want to use for the USDF Yearbook; not another froufrou dressage pose, rather just a girl on a farm having fun with her horses!


Karen, Rijkens and me at Windy Knoll Spring 2013

Karen showing Rijkens at Prix St Georges Summer 2013


No comments: