Monday, July 16, 2018

Rijkens Update

Rijkens is enjoying his next chapter.  Here we are pictured at our last show together earlier this year doing Prix St Georges, at which we qualified for our local southwest dressage championships for 2018.  I owe a debt of gratitude to Rijkens for all he has taught me and brought into my life, including and certainly not limited to two USDF medals, bronze and silver.  Together Rijkens and I participated in the HDS Conrad Schumacher invitational symposium, and were the 2016 recipients of the Carol Lavell Gifted Grant.  Rijkens qualified for and competed at USDF Region 9 championships multiple years, where he earned 12th place overall in the region at PSG and 3rd place in the region at Fourth Level over consecutive years.  Rijkens and I were the 2016 USDF HDS Fourth level Champions, and together with our coach Andrea Attard Rijkens qualified at Intermediare for USDF Region 9 championships.  Rijkens is doing a great job with his new dad, and I'm grateful to still be in Rijkens' life and watch as he is spoiled and so well loved by everyone around him.  As with all things Rijkens, he lives life in his classic good boy style!

No comments: